Wednesday, November 8th | 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm EST
With Amy Anthony
Steam distilling aromatic plant material gives us two gifts: essential oils and hydrosols. Hydrosols are the forever changed waters created through the distillation process. You may have heard of and already use rose water or orange blossom water—hydrosols have been used for centuries for their gentle therapy.
Hydrosols can be made from aromatic and non-aromatic plants. This gives us a bridge between aromatherapy (using aromatics, specifically their essential oils) and herbalism (using aromatic and non-aromatic plants). Incorporating hydrosols into your life further expands your access to phyto-therapy.
Look forward to learning:
- A high-level overview of the distillation process
- A brief history of distillation and the aromatic waters
- Benefits of using hydrosols
- How to incorporate the hydrosols into your life/practice
- Feel, taste and smell a selection of hydrosols at our “hydrosol bar”
- Create your own blend of hydrosols from the hydrosol bar to take home with you in a spray bottle.
Leave the workshop feeling refreshed by the plant waters and with an expanded perspective on plant-therapy!
Also offered via Live Stream: CLICK HERE