The Standard Spa welcomes the knowledge of Aromatherapy, Botanicals, Product Formulation, Essential Oils, Healing Powers and more, with Amy Galper, Executive Director and Founder of New York Institute of Aromatherapy, who will lead the Aroma 101: Foundation of Aromatherapy Certification Program 40 hrs, open for all guests and spa professionals. (is approved for 40 CE for massage therapists) for you who would like to explore and immerse in the benefits and wellbeing of aromatherapy.
Upon successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- Discuss the history of aromatherapy and its modern development.
- Identify key elements in determining the quality of an essential oil.
- Define what an essential oil is and how it is produced.
- Demonstrate knowledge of chemistry of essential oils and more in depth knowledge 20 essential oils, including Latin binomial, safety information, and key therapeutic and/or energetic properties of each individual essential oil.
- Understand current up-to-date information on safety and essential oils.
- Describe the basic physiology of the skin and its key functions.
- Design an effective blend for a basic skincare.
- Describe the basic anatomy & physiology of the sense of smell.
- Create a blend of essential oils for an emotional purpose.
- Develop clear career goals and a path to become an Aromatherapist.