Starting at $1000
Wednesday, May 3th - Saturday, May 6th
with Amy Galper of the New York Institute of Aromatherapy and Jade Shutes of the School for Aromatic Studies
Teaching individuals about essential oils is so much more than just explaining what they are and how best to use them. It goes much deeper than that. And throughout our signature teacher training program you will be inspired and empowered to effectively and with love and a bit of humor, teach aromatherapy too!
Join us for a 4 day retreat to be held in the mountains of North Carolina! We will work together over 4 full days to cultivate your unique skills and talents so that you may become a great teacher with a unique and compelling teaching style.
Our Certified Aromatherapy Teacher Level I Training Program is designed for anyone passionate about educating others about essential oils in a meaningful and profound way. This unique 4 day program will provide the foundation, structure, tools and skills necessary to becoming an effective, dynamic, engaging and confident Certified Aromatherapy Teacher (CAT), Level I. Upon completion of the course students will be able to confidently design, teach and market short program classes and workshops, ranging from 45 minutes to a full day or weekend.
Aromatherapy is fast becoming one of the hottest trends in the mindful wellness and lifestyle movement and as awareness of their healing properties continues to grow, so does the need for trusted, experienced, educated and authentic educators.
This program will show you, step by step, how to be an extraordinary teacher. Taught by two of the field’s most dynamic and pioneering thought leaders, with 40+ years of combined experience, you will have the kind of personal attention and hands-on experience rarely offered in traditional teacher training programs.
This course will focus on preparing you to teach within a classroom setting as well as within your community. The role of a teacher, meaningfully connecting and inspiring others, extends to many parts of our lives outside of the classroom, so this program welcomes anyone who wishes to take their passion for essential oils to the next level, and develop the skills necessary to effectively convey the power of Aromatherapy and aromatic plant medicine to their clients, patients, social network, and perhaps most importantly, their community.
What the course will cover:
- Theories of Education; What makes an effective and inspiring teacher?
- Teaching Styles and Methods; Who is your audience? What’s the most effective style to reach them; Instructional Practices.
- Examining the physical (actual space), interpersonal dynamics, and organizing learning materials
- What it means to build community.
- What is a Lesson Plan, and do you create one?
- Explore different learning styles and behaviors
- Skills to listen and recognize students’ unique contributions, gifts and different ways of absorbing information.
- Teaching tools; visuals, activities, group and partnering work
- Importance of research
- How To Teach An Essential Oil: What are the most effective methods?
- Ways in which to connect to plants: Distillation experience.
- How to handle challenging personalities, and tips to encourage and inspire action.
- The business of teaching; Marketing, Legalities, Pricing
- Experiential teaching exercises throughout the course.
On-Site: $1000. prior to February 15th ($1250. thereafter)
Plus Room and Board: $500. includes 5 nights room, breakfast/lunch/dinner each full day and dinner on Tuesday evening and breakfast on Sunday morning. Mix of organic, local and wholesome food will be served. And lots of herbal tea! Water and coffee will be available as well.
Live-Streaming: $1000. prior to March 1st ($1250. thereafter)
*Plan on arriving on the 2nd and departing either late on the 6th or by 11am on Sunday the 7th.
**If you will be arriving later and/or leaving earlier, please let us know and we will send you a revised invoice via paypal.
To register: Please click here