AROMATHERAPY RETREAT & CERTIFICATION COURSE
SUNDAY APRIL 3 – THURSDAY APRIL 7 WITH AMY GALPER, BA, MA, Dipl.AT
We love Aromatherapy! At The Standard Spa we are welcoming the knowledge of Aromatherapy, Botanicals, Product Formulation, Essential Oils, Healing Powers and more, with Amy Galper, Executive Director and Founder of New York Institute of Aromatherapy, who will lead the Aroma 101: Foundation of Aromatherapy Certification Program 40 hours. This retreat is open for all guests and spa professionals (approved for 40 CE for massage therapists) who would like to explore and immerse themselves in the benefits and wellbeing of aromatherapy.
Upon successful completion of the course students will be able to:
· Discuss the history of aromatherapy and its modern development.
· Identify key elements in determining the quality of an essential oil.
· Define what an essential oil is and how it is produced.
· Demonstrate knowledge of chemistry of essential oils and more in depth knowledge 20 essential oils, including Latin binomial, safety information, and key therapeutic and/or energetic properties of each individual essential oil.
· Understand current up-to-date information on safety and essential oils.
· Describe the basic physiology of the skin and its key functions.
· Describe the basic anatomy & physiology of the sense of smell.
· Create a blend of essential oils for an emotional purpose.
· Develop clear career goals and a path to become an Aromatherapist.
Enjoy this unique program, yoga, steam soak and soar at The Standard Spa, Miami Beach, a holistic and hydrotherapy oriented spa hotel inspired by global bathing cultures, self-teaching and healing. Explore the curative effects of water, steam or mud in our Hamam, Aroma Steam Room, Cedar Sauna, Infinity Pool, Roman Waterfall, Hot Tub and Mud Lounge and learn the ageless art of bathing - indoors and out.
4 Nights Single from $2795 | Shared from $2259 per Guest (Shared Queen Bed)
5 Nights Single from $3231 | Shared from $2561 per Guest (Shared Queen Bed)
Aromatherapy Certification Retreat Workshop Classes 30 hours plus 10 individual hours
NAHA.org (National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy) approved program and certification.
Aromatherapy Kit, including book, 20 essential oils, and ingredients to formulate organic skin care
Daily $25 Breakfast Credit
Daily Yoga Classes
Daily Baths Bar
Spa Service Treatments with 10% off (schedule with The Standard Spa, Spa Menu)
Monday April 4, 9:30am – 6:30pm
Tuesday April 5, 9:30am – 6:30pm
Wednesday April 6, 9:30am – 6:30pm
Thursday April 7, 9:30am – 4pm
The New York Institute of Aromatherapy Certification Program and Retreat is $1250 and includes a Spa Day Pass (see the Spa Desk for more details). To register for the retreat, without the accommodation, please call 305.704.3945 or click this link.
To register for accommodation at the Standard Hotel, call 305.673.1717 or email email@example.com.
(*If you are a spa professional with a certificate in a healing modality you are eligible for a 10% discount; please call the register.)
For more information contact Mina, Spa Director firstname.lastname@example.org